New User Admin - Rails 4

Jeremias Santos

Mar 25, 2014, 12:07:06 PM3/25/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Installed CommunityEngine rails4 branch, is running normal. I created a user to access the application, but when I tried to use it to send an email to the account registration email informed, but as I'm using spot he did not send the email, just can not activate the account, then added to the application.rb config GMail account for sending emails, but still did not work.

Can anyone help me how can i enable user?

Have accessed the database and modified the attribute that would possibly activation, however when I try to access reports that user is pending activation.

Thank you in advance.

Jeremias Santos

Mar 25, 2014, 9:48:07 PM3/25/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Anyone?

Jeremias Santos

Mar 26, 2014, 2:53:11 PM3/26/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Unable to resolve activating sending emails.

Dan Coutu

Mar 26, 2014, 3:25:55 PM3/26/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
There are at least two ways to activate a new user when your development server is unable to send email.

1. Look in the log file for a copy of the email message and copy the activation URL into your web browser.

2. Use the rails console to fetch the proper user record. In your case it is most likely the last user record created. The commands would look like this:

$ rails console
1.9.3-p545 :001 > u = User.last
1.9.3-p545 :002 > u.activated_at = Time.now
1.9.3-p545 :003 > u.save
1.9.3-p545 :003 > quit
$
I hope this helps!

Dan

Message has been deleted

Jeremias Santos

Mar 26, 2014, 8:12:00 PM3/26/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Unable to activate. Thanks for the help.

When creating a user how can I turn it into Admin?

Dan Coutu

Mar 27, 2014, 9:24:14 AM3/27/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Jeremias, my apologies, I forgot one step in my instructions. Before you save the user record you must also set the activation code to nil.

    u.activation_code = nil

You can make any user account into an admin account by using this rake task:

rake community_engine:make_admin email=us...@example.com

Where you specify the actual email address of the account that is to become an admin account.

Dan

Jeremias Santos

Mar 29, 2014, 4:32:35 PM3/29/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your attention.

I run it via terminal?

when I run the command: rake community_engine: meue...@example.com make_admin

returns:
rake aborted!
In Rakefile found (looking for: Rakefile, Rakefile, rakefile.rb, Rakefile.rb)

(See full trace by running task with - trace)

Jeremias Santos

Mar 29, 2014, 4:33:11 PM3/29/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
Run: rake community_engine:make_admin meue...@example.com

Jeremias Santos

Mar 30, 2014, 5:42:08 PM3/30/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
The problem was in my project. I'm fixing to try again.

Thank you. Any doubt return to post.

Jeremias Santos

Mar 31, 2014, 10:25:24 PM3/31/14
to communi...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the attention, but I can not change a user Admin.

Running informed, although there is a registered user it reports the following message task: There is the user with the email''.

If possible inform me how this process works so that I can identify the error.

The user make a User.all on rails console it returns as the only User Application.

I thank you again.