EU VIGIE2020/654 - Study on Quality in 3D digitisation of tangible cultural heritage

DHRLab CUT

Sep 4, 2022, 2:59:07 AM9/4/22
to Community Standards for 3D Data (CS3DP | LIB3DVR)
Dear colleagues good morning from Cyprus,

I would like to congratulate you for your work and unique initiative, which I am following since a long time.
Taking the advantage of the last invitation, I would like to bring to your attention the results of our Study, which we managed on behalf of the European Commission during the last two years.

The Study results and all documents are available under gold open-access and can be used for a discussion at your upcoming meeting.

Please give special attention to the proposed Radar-Pie Charts for the estimation of Complexity and Quality in 3D Digitisation. I am sure that the Charts will clarify and give an answer to few of the themes under discussion in the upcoming meeting.

The Study is published also as an official document of the European Union and if you want to make a citation, here we are: DOI10.2759/581678

Hope the best and I will try to be online during your upcoming meeting,
Best wishes and regards,
Marinos Ioannides
UNESCO Chair on Digital Cultural Heritage
CYprus University of Technology
Twitter: UNESCO_DCH_ERA
Facebook: EU.Mnemosyne
EU_logotype_title-large@4x (5).png

Study_Abstract_VIGIE2020_654.pdf

Scates Kettler, Hannah [LIB]

Sep 6, 2022, 10:07:36 AM9/6/22
to DHRLab CUT, Community Standards for 3D Data (CS3DP | LIB3DVR)

Thanks for sharing Marinos, I look forward to reading it!

Best,

Hannah

Parks Library is open to the public and prioritizes the health and safety of all. In support of that, I will continue to social-distance and conduct completely virtual or hybrid meetings during the Covid-19 pandemic via Zoom or WebEx.

Hannah Scates Kettler (she, her, hers)

Head, Digital Scholarship & Initiatives

hann...@iastate.edu

tel.: 515-294-8590