Re: [3D Standards] 3D Data Preservation Town Hall WEDNESDAY (virtual) - DEC 7

Adam Rountrey

Dec 5, 2022, 9:37:17 AM12/5/22
to Jennifer Moore, Community Standards for 3D Data (CS3DP | LIB3DVR)
Hi all,
The meeting will be on Wednesday, December 7th, not tomorrow.

-Adam

On Mon, Dec 5, 2022, 9:02 AM Jennifer Moore <informj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi CS3DPers,

Thanks to all who contributed at our last Town Hall meeting on November 10th.  The meeting info and shared notes are here.  We discussed three of our seven areas of interest (metadata schema development, shared infrastructure development, and common platforms) in more detail.  The next meeting on Wednesday, Dec. 7 at 11:30 EST (see CS3DP calendar) will be devoted to in-depth discussions of what we can do to help make advancements 1) Expanding recommendations regarding rights/ownership of 3D data 2) 3D data ethics.

  • Expanding research / recommendations regarding rights (internationally)

    • Building on 3D Data Book chapter “Copyright and Legal Issues Surrounding 3D Data” to include non-US law and protocol considerations

  • Ethics

    • Expand to include CARE principles

    • Include a diversity of digital ethics experts

Following the December 7th conversation, there will be another Town Hall Wednesday, January 11th from at 11:30 EST (see CS3DP calendar linked above) to discuss software companies and format consolidation.

  • Working with software companies (e.g., facilitate embedded metadata)

    • Facilitate embedded metadata and maintenance of metadata with opens/saves

    • Record of processing actions taken on data

  • File format consolidation

    • Analyze existing formats and identify a limited recommended set

    • Standard adoption of preservation standard format

See you there,

Jennifer, Adam, and Hannah

image.png