Virginia Tech position - 3D Technical Artist

1 view

Nathan Hall

Oct 5, 2022, 11:25:54 AM10/5/22
to Community Standards for 3D Data (CS3DP | LIB3DVR)
Hi all,
I am leading a search for a 3D Technical Artist at Virginia Tech!

Our currently published work is available here (https://sketchfab.com/VirginiaTechUnivLibraries)
and there is a lot more on the way!

In addition to what is in the job description, we offer generous professional development opportunities, as well as full tuition waivers to VT courses, for up to 6 credits (2 courses) per semester. We have a Creative Technologies program with strong faculty partnerships so we have a steady stream of talented graduate and undergraduate student assistants, including a GA, and money to hire them.

There's also lots of outdoor recreation here--the Appalachian Trail is 16 miles from campus, and the region is well known for hiking, caving, cycling, and paddling opportunities.

I'm happy to answer questions from potential applicants, and I will be at DLF next week in case you or someone you know wants to meet in person.

Thank you,
Nathan
Nathan Hall, Ph.D.
Professor
Director, Digital Libraries and Preservation

Virginia Tech  |  University Libraries
560 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060
Newman 4060