Neighborhood Planting Party - Can you help? PLEASE REPLY by Thurs. 11/9/23

1 view

Annette Mills

Nov 7, 2023, 10:46:40 PM11/7/23
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com, natural-area...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

This year’s Neighborhood Roots Planting Party is less than 2 weeks away, and we hope you’ll be part of it!

I need to find out who’s available to help:

·        Can you help distribute Planting Party invitations? We’ll be going door-to-door in the Thompson Street neighborhood on either Monday afternoon (11/13) or Wednesday morning (11/5), depending on the weather forecast.

·        Can you help the day of the event? We’ll need help on Sunday 11/19 at 1 pm (event set-up) and at 2 pm (tree-planting).

Please let me know ASAP and no later than Thursday 11/9/23 if you can help.

Thanks!

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237 (No texting, please)

ami...@willamettewatershed.com

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.