Neighborhood Roots outreach script + FAQs - PLEASE RESPOND by Sunday 8/21/22

Annette Mills

Aug 19, 2022, 4:58:35 PM8/19/22
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com, natural-area...@googlegroups.com, communit...@googlegroups.com, aaro...@gmail.com

Hi, CIAT and NAAT members,

In preparation for our outreach to the SE Ryan Street neighborhood on Monday evening, I’ve drafted two items (attached) that I’d like you to review:

·         “Script” – This isn’t meant to be a word-for-word script that volunteers knocking on doors need to use. It’s simply intended to help guide the conversation with residents.

·         Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Again, this is for volunteers to use as a resource so they have responses to questions that might come up as they talk to residents.

I’d really like your help to make sure that these documents have the right tone (inclusive) and that they aren’t missing any information or questions that might come up.

Please send me your feedback by Sunday evening 8/21/22, so I can have the documents ready for everyone who’s helping on Monday evening (6:45 pm at Aaron Lesan’s house - 952 SE Dorothy Ave., off of SE Ryan Street).

Thanks!

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.

Neighborhood Roots_Outreach script_DRAFT.docx
FAQs_Neighborhood Roots_DRAFT.docx