Update on Neighborhood Roots Project

Annette Mills

Nov 16, 2021, 1:11:59 PM11/16/21
to community-inclusion-corvall...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Community Inclusion Action Team,

I hope you’re all doing well. I wanted to give you an update regarding our Neighborhood Roots project and to ask for your feedback.

CIAT member Emily Bowling has been working on developing outreach materials to property owners and residents of the NE Conifer neighborhood, where we’ll be doing our first planting project. Emily has agreed to be our primary contact for the outreach part of the project. She used a sample letter and flyer that staff from the City’s Parks & Recreation Dept. gave us as starting points, and she has drafted the following outreach materials for our review:

Please review these items and send us your feedback by this Friday, Nov. 19. (Please do NOT make edits or comments directly on the documents.) We have also sent these outreach materials to Jennifer Killian, the City’s Urban Forester, for review and approval.

Once we’ve finalized these documents, we’ll be able to establish a timeline for our planting party and for door-to-door outreach.

Thank you so much for your participation in this exciting project!

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

(Please note my new email address: ami...@willamettewatershed.com.)

Neighborhood Roots Flyer - November 2021 V.2.pdf