Extending the Concept

David Gross

Apr 19, 2009, 8:56:50 PM4/19/09
to Community Funded Reporting
I suggest we also consider the ideas for extending the basic idea (in
ways that don't require fancy new systems). My folks would like to
figure out how to create a Spot-us that builds (and depends upon) non-
geographical communities.

Also, there are variations on the theme that might be easy to do. For
example, here's a similar idea, but designed as a contest. In Spot-us,
such a "contest" might be a request for pitches on a theme, in a
topic, in a timeframe, in a place. (see http://www.nameyourdreamassignment.com/the-contest/)

Again, the wiki should have space to develop these ideas.

David Cohn

Apr 20, 2009, 1:40:35 AM4/20/09
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
David
 Both of those ideas are totally possible - and don't require any changes to the code, only changes in how you formate a "pitch."

 I can imagine one pitch that is a contest: Submit your best ideas - winner (decided upon by judges) gets whatever money is in the pot.

 That would be easy to do.

Same with a non geographic story - that is fine. There is nothing that requires you to be based on geography except the pitches you take into the system - which is up to you.

 David
--
David Cohn
http://Spot.Us