Greetings From Sydney

Jillian

Jun 21, 2009, 7:35:12 AM6/21/09
to Community Funded Reporting
My name is Jillian Burt and I'm at the very beginning of preparing to
set up a Spot.us project in Sydney.

I was in Los Angeles for 11 years and been back in Australia for a few
years. The media industry has collapsed to the point where it's not
possible to gain any meaningful work. The saddest thing is the
disappearance of great editors.

There seem to be plenty of opportunities, mostly in the area of arts,
science and design journalism. To augment the resources of small
journals and to create booklet length projects for sale in museum and
gallery shops.

I'm about to embark on a few test projects to try and establish what a
fair price for journalism is today.

I'll keep posting about my progress. It would be great to get some
input and advice.