new project in Somerville, MA

Barry Rafkind

Aug 24, 2009, 2:39:09 PM8/24/09
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Just wanted to let folks know that we've begun our own community-funded reporting project at Somerville Voices, a community blog in Somerville, MA. We're using ThePoint.com which is how Spot.Us got started as well. This seems like a much easier way to begin than setting up a new website. Our maiden story pitch is about investigating the city's reliance on parking tickets revenue to fill budget gaps. Here's the link : Fund This Story : Somerville Parking Tickets .

All feedback would be welcome!

Barry Rafkind

David Cohn

Aug 24, 2009, 2:53:02 PM8/24/09
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Barry
 I think this is AWESOME!!!!

 As much as I want to evangelize Spot.Us - I also want to evangelize just the concept of "community funded reporting."

 And you, my friend, are doing it: See, not that hard ;)

 Good luck with it. Please let us know how it goes.

 Best
 David
--
David Cohn
http://Spot.Us

Barry Rafkind

Aug 24, 2009, 7:36:18 PM8/24/09
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, David! I will let you know whether we succeed.

Barry