Introduction of myself

1 view

Erik Sundelof

Apr 18, 2010, 10:26:43 PM4/18/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
All,

I will follow the path of David here to revive the list and take the opportunity to introduce myself here. I am Erik Sundelof, and am the Chief Technical Officer of Spot.Us. Since I started in January we have made a lot of technical improvements - some visible, some not. All the changes made are in line with what has been requested by our community and also to enable reporters and donors to keep spreading the word and tools for fundraising. A lot of behind the scenes changes has also been made to make the site more efficient and faster. Please do not hesitate to send me a note if there is something you feel is not right or would like to add on our radar as a feature.

One feature that I personally would like people to check out is our Beta version of SpotUs Lite which you will find part of any pitch now. SpotUs Lite Beta allows anyone to fundraise on another site via a widget installed in 3 simple steps. You can register, login and donate all from your own site. We are continuing that process to make things easier to fundraise offsite from Spot.Us to facilitate the behavior we have seen and compliment the functionality of Spot.Us to help you fundraise on more sites than SpotUs.

Short on my background. I was previously the co-founder and VP of Social Media and User Interface at San Francisco based Allvoices, Inc - new content-based social network around news and opinions, currently is the biggest citizen news media site on the web and amongst the 1800 largest sites on the Internet. Another notable previous life experiences was taking part of a fellowship in the Reuters Digital Vision Program (http://www.rdvp.org) at Stanford University between 2005-2006. Most notably he created the Web site inthefieldONLINE.net, which was recognized by major global media including PBS, CNN and BBC, and got featured on Discovery International?s Rewind 2006 as one of 25 highlights of the Year.

I am intrigued to be part of the initiative of Spot.Us and believe we can make this into an incredible platform on a global local level to harness the extensive need of funds for local reporting in a time of need for that particular reporting.

Bests,

Erik