One minute to support a reporter - Spot.Us

David Cohn

May 25, 2010, 5:21:03 PM5/25/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Community Funded Reporting Folks!

It has been a bit quite on this thread. I want to make sure that if folks are working on stuff (as I know many of you are) you feel comfortable sharing it with each other.

To my knowledge there are experiments going on in Canada, Australia, two in Italy, in Germany, etc.

We can all learn from each other.

I am also contacted you all to share with you our second experiment in "community centered advertising" - just login/register on Spot.Us and click "Earn Credits" - answering a few questions about this feature itself will help us find a second sponsor - and you will earn $5 in credits to fund the story of your choice.

HOW EXCITING!

Give it a whirl - it's very quick and easy. If you find it painless - please share it with friends.

Best
--
David Cohn
http://Spot.Us

Colleen Belcher

May 25, 2010, 7:10:36 PM5/25/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
How often will you be changing the surveys/sponsors?

The two times I've done it so far there has been one survey and then
once you complete it, you have to wait until there's another.

Do you plan on having multiple at a time or just highlighting one
sponsor per day/per week ?

Colleen Belcher

> --

Colleen Belcher
Managing Editor
The Sacramento Press
431 I Street Suite 107
Sacramento, CA 95814
916-443-5403
www.sacramentopress.com
Follow us on Twitter @sacramentopress

David Cohn

May 25, 2010, 7:15:24 PM5/25/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Colleen
Our hope is to have multiple sponsors at a time so somebody could take three surveys and have $15.

But that requires multiple sponsors ;)

Hopefully we will get there.

David

Joe Banks

May 26, 2010, 9:05:44 AM5/26/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com

Dear Friends:

Further to David’s e-mail, I wanted to fill everyone in on the experiment in Canada. We expect to have gojournalism.ca launched in three to four weeks. We have also acquired gojournalism.com in case there may be interest in a world-wide URL by that name, and/or to direct viewers to us.

David, when the time comes for the launch, we’d like you to cut the virtual ribbon via video link, simultaneously with our college president or other VIP. We’ll make sure spot.us gets its due!

Cheers,

Joe Banks,

Algonquin College Journalism program

Federico Bo

May 29, 2010, 10:35:36 AM5/29/10
to Community Funded Reporting
Good luck, Joe from your italian friends!

Federico Bo
Spot Us Italia

On May 26, 3:05 pm, Joe Banks <ban...@algonquincollege.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends:
> Further to David's e-mail, I wanted to fill everyone in on the experiment in Canada. We expect to have gojournalism.ca launched in three to four weeks. We have also acquired gojournalism.com in case there may be interest in a world-wide URL by that name, and/or to direct viewers to us.
> David, when the time comes for the launch, we'd like you to cut the virtual ribbon via video link, simultaneously with our college president or other VIP. We'll make sure spot.us gets its due!
> Cheers,
> Joe Banks,
> Algonquin College Journalism program

Federico Bo

May 29, 2010, 10:37:46 AM5/29/10
to Community Funded Reporting
I want to understand well your experiment: we want read your
explanations
in blog (and try it in site)

Federico

Federico Bo

Jun 1, 2010, 2:34:09 AM6/1/10
to Community Funded Reporting
Ok, I've earned and donate my 5 $.

I'm thinking about this approach, can be consider it like a open and
transparent
profiling on users preferences (so, a little market research is more
correct definition).

I imagine also this like an evolution of "pay per click" style.

bob van 't klooster

Jun 1, 2010, 10:12:40 AM6/1/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Ha David,

The project called 'nieuwspost.nl' in the Netherlands is hopefully happening in about a two weeks from now. it's very had work to get everything the way we want it. Hopefully we can generate some interesting experiences with community funded reporting on the old continet in the near future.

Best

Bob van 't Klooster
www.nieuwspost.nl

bob van 't klooster

Jun 1, 2010, 10:14:29 AM6/1/10
to community-fun...@googlegroups.com
and yes, i'll give the community centered advertising a whirl!