Not lost in translation: Spot.Us Italy

ยอดดู 2 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Federico Bo

ยังไม่อ่าน,
17 เม.ย. 2553 12:22:5217/4/53
ถึง Community Funded Reporting
Ciao, and first of all sorry for my terrible English.

I'm Federico Bo, an software engineer but most of all an "tecno-
humanist hybrid".

With my young friends Antonella Napolitano e Antonio Badalamenti we'll
launch
next days Spot.Us Italy, an attempt to transport the Spot.Us
philosophy in Italy.

We'll adopt a different platform (realized with Drupal) and some
variations
to investigations proposal flow (for example, an "donation's promise"
step).

As wrote in our site presentation, Spot.Us Italy follows the
philosophy of Spot.Us USA, is in contact with David Cohn, the founder,
who has authorized to use the name "Spot.Us", but is not linked to the
American project.

Due to the different companies, associations and foundations laws (and
the fact that
we start without funding or donations...) will adopt a form of for-
profit company,
but we are committed to re-invest 70% of any profits in the Spot.Us
Italy project.

We hope to contribute a new information era in our fantastic, but
in these times locked (and maybe under evil spell...), country.

We'll inform you when we'll online and we'll provide you
more informations about our project.

If you have questions or suggestions, I'm ready!

Thanks

Federico

David Cohn

ยังไม่อ่าน,
17 เม.ย. 2553 18:05:4217/4/53
ถึง Community Funded Reporting
Federico
As I've said before - your English is much better than my Italian.

Please keep the larger group here informed about your progress. I am
excited to see how you re-invent the concept of community funded
reporting and encourage others to re-think it as well!

Best
David

Barry Rafkind

ยังไม่อ่าน,
17 เม.ย. 2553 19:57:1217/4/53
ถึง community-fun...@googlegroups.com
Hi Federico, Antonella, and Antonio,

Good luck with your project and please let us know how it goes.

On my blog, Somerville Voices, we just recently raised $500 for our parking tickets story through The Point (which takes a modest 5% cut).  We are hiring the New England Center for Investigative Reporting to do the analysis and writing.

Thanks to David for keeping the independent spirit in media alive.

Regards,
Barry

Anh Do

ยังไม่อ่าน,
18 เม.ย. 2553 21:11:1418/4/53
ถึง community-fun...@googlegroups.com
I sure appreciate and am encouraged by all of your participation and invention.
Thank you for caring about your communities - and quality reporting to reflect and re-energize such communities.
Sincerely, Anh Do
LA.Spot.Us
ตอบทุกคน
ตอบกลับผู้สร้าง