Solstice-Litha

Daryll Alt

Jun 19, 2017, 2:01:45 PM6/19/17
to community-coo...@googlegroups.com

Since I really do not know who is still on this list, my apologies if this brings offense.

In the old ways, people around the globe would gather on the holy day (Litha in the Celtic tradition) of the summer solstice, to celebrate the Sun in its fullest glory of the longest day of the year.  They would then join in song and chant, drums and rattles, dancing and praying, to sing the Sun across it's journey through the dark times.  While we are bidding the Sun on it's journey of less and less influence, we welcome the dark times to look inward and greet our own darkness.  So the songs we sing at sunset serve the twofold purpose.

I am told by wisdom keepers in both the Celtic traditions, and in the Taslagi traditions from the old ways on this continent, that Wednesday will be a good day to make a magic wand, or a talisman, especially with children.  Keep in mind some basic elements of the power of the Sun to warm, as well as scorch, and focus on the positive, life giving, nurturing, and growing attributes of health and happiness.

If you are of a mind to, wherever you are at sunset, join those of us who will sing a song or chant to welcome the darkness, and guide the Sun on it's journey through the dark times.

Walk in Beauty

Rainbow Elder/Ordained
Master of Ritual and Ceremony
Daryll Alt