Wondering who is still Watching?

1 view

Daryll Alt

Feb 8, 2019, 1:44:45 PM2/8/19
to community-coo...@googlegroups.com
I came across this poem and felt it somewhere deeply:

How I Became a Tedious Eco-Poet
A poem by Sam Mansfield

Be joyful / though you have considered all the facts.

– Wendell Berry

It was after I considered all the facts

It was because I love inconvenience

It was when I read the phrase incompatible with a globally organized community

It was after I lost all sense of proportion

It was when I topped up my coolant tank with chartreuse poison

It was because power makes me anxious

It was the demonstrator with the sign that read Yo mama’s so hot, she’s about to experience

desertification and rising sea levels

It was because I am enamored of the city

It was after I tallied the fat of the land

It was when I read Given the choice between starving and raiding, humans raid

It was because I look forward to raiding

It was because the side of denial is breeding free-range super PACs

It was because the side of reason is shamed into respectable inaction

It was because we do not have to live like this

It was because there is still some time.

The McMinnville Men's Circle is looking for men who believe we "do not have to live like this".

Tuesdays at 6:15pm at the Inner Oasis, 448 NE 3rd St

Walk in Beauty

Rainbow Elder/Ordained
Orator/Song Meister
Master of Ritual and Ceremony
Daryll Alt  971 241-1529

Michael Fahy

Feb 8, 2019, 2:01:28 PM2/8/19
to community-coo...@googlegroups.com
Hey Daryll! Nice poem. How’s the circle? I’ve been out of town after the new year and almost forgotten about the meetings. I enjoyed hanging with you guys but the setting was to distracting for any serious focus in my opinion. I like the idea however and may try and get going again. Take care, Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Daryll Alt

Feb 8, 2019, 2:21:20 PM2/8/19
to community-coo...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you about the setting.  We were 5 this week and the momentum is starting to grow.  We will think about moving upstairs.  Look forward to seeing you again.

Our topic of focus for February is 'the distance between us."