Fwd: [!!! N2R CRN] Full-length CR documentary film in PDX late October?

Linda Grove

Sep 19, 2016, 11:48:08 AM9/19/16
to <community-cooperative-farms@googlegroups.com> Farm, Community Rights Yamhill County, Linda Grove
Hello Friends,

I received an email from Paul Cienfuegos several days ago with information about upcoming Community Rights events in Portland.

He also provides a link to the new documentary regarding Community Rights.  It’s free for a limited time using the password Paul provides.  It’s only available a few days so watch it soon.  It details the story of why, when, and how the movement began…with a bit of history of our constitution as well that is eye-opening.

Just thought I’d share…

best to you all,
Linda Grove

Begin forwarded message:

From: Paul Cienfuegos <pa...@100fires.com>
Subject: [!!! N2R CRN] Full-length CR documentary film in PDX late October?
Date: September 14, 2016 at 9:01:00 PM CDT

Dear Community Rights supporting friends,
The brand new full-length documentary on the Community Rights movement - We the People 2.0 - is finally about to be released nationally in late October. And the producers, Tree Media, have set up a very creative way to make it feasible for towns large and small across the US to affordably host a screening of it.

In less than a week, they'll be launching a new webpage where anyone can request a screening in their town. They will then contract with a movie theater in that town, set a date and time for the screening, and all we have to do is get dozens and dozens of people to go to that website and pre-purchase a ticket to the screening. We don't have to rent the theater, or pay for the film to be shown. It's incredibly simple and wonderful.

Their goal is to have at least one city in every state showing the film the last week of October or the first week of November. I spoke to the director of the film a few days ago, and she's excited about us hosting its premier in Portland. I'm looking for a team of people whose only responsibility will be to actively promote it through your own lists of friends, co-workers, and social media online. Who wants to work on this with me? Just as soon as the webpage is up, sometime in the next few days, we'll start asking people we know to buy tickets to the show.

And to make it even more irresistible, they're making the entire film available to preview online for a very brief period of time - just the next few days. Here's the website and password to view it.
https://vimeo.com/178694922
password:  finalwtp2v

Hoping to hear from a few of you in the next few days.

Does anyone have any strong preference on what night it will screen in Portland? Please choose from one of these:
Monday, October 24
Tuesday, October 25
Wednesday, October 26
Thursday, October 27

Once we've got the date nailed down, we can start thinking about who to invite to participate briefly in a panel discussion on stage, immediately after the screening. Suggestions?

Thanks y'all,
Paul C

PS. If you're still reading, then here's one more quick announcement:

If you know anyone interested in finding out more about the Community Rights movement, please encourage them to attend this event tomorrow evening. It's free.

Confirmed date - TOMORROW - for the upcoming Orientation Workshop in Portland:

• Thursday, September 15th, 7pm (sharp) to 9pm, at a private home, 5232 SE Madison St (one block north of Hawthorne). (#14 & 15 buses.) RSVP please: pa...@100fires.com.

Paul Cienfuegos
* PaulCienfuegos.com (My dismantling corporate rule work)
* CommunityRightsPDX.org/Podcast (Local group I co-founded & Archive of my Weekly KBOO Radio Commentary/Podcast since August 2014)
* 100fires.com (My online bookstore)

POB 86605, Portland, OR 97286
Cascadia, USA, Mother Earth