Re: [CACE] EPA announces awardees of 2023 Electric School Bus Rebate Program

Kirk Reinbold

May 30, 2024, 11:13:59 AMMay 30
to Gracey Moralis, Community Advocates for Clean Energy
Gracey, do we have a municipality stakeholder page? Maybe you and some others could help put one together because there will be funding opportunities other than this clean heavy duty vehicles grant in the future. Likely quite a bit of state funding also.

Kirk Reinbold

On May 29, 2024, at 3:04 PM, Gracey Moralis <gracey....@gmail.com> wrote:

Kirk,

I might want to help with municipalities!! Just tell me what needs to be done.

Cordially,
Gracey

Work is love made visible.
Khalil Gibran

On Wed, May 29, 2024 at 12:01 PM <krei...@comcast.net> wrote:

Hello CACE volunteers,

The EPA just announced awardees of the 2023 Electric School Bus (ESB) rebate awardees.  Our region did very well!  We can expect another round of this program to be announced in the late summer/early fall 2024 so now is time to urge school districts to apply.

Pennsbury SD (Bucks County), 5 propane buses, $125,000, applicant Pennsbury SD

Philadelphia School District, 25 ESBs, $8,965,000, applicant PhilaSD

Reading (Berks County), 25 ESBs, $8,965,000, applicant Zum Services

Rose Tree Media SD (DelCo), 5 ESBs, $1,000,000, applicant Rohrer

Unionville-Chadds Ford SD (ChesCo), 5 ESBs, $1,000,000, applicant Highland Electric Fleets

The next big funding opportunity is another EPA grant entitled the Clean Heavy-Duty Vehicle (CHDV)grant which will fund about $700M for electric school buses and $300M for Class 6 & 7 (heavy duty) vehicles for municipalities.  This grant is due July 25, 2024.

Now is a great time to raise awareness of these opportunities to our regions school districts and municipalities.  If you feel like you can help, contact the CACE Clean Schools team.  This is also a good time to consider standing up a Municipality Team as they have many more needs beyond heavy-duty vehicles.

Kirk

Regards,

Kirk Reinbold

   West Vincent: Clean Energy Transition Team &

   Sustainability Committee

   Northern Chester County Clean Energy Future

   Community Advocates for Clean Energy
krei...@comcast.net
(m) (610) 529-4733

     Climate change science – in business since 1896!