6/13 noon - webinar on direct pay for Congregations

Bill Sabey

Jun 6, 2024, 4:13:45 PMJun 6
to Community Advocates Philly Area
See below.

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Jessica Quinn" <jes...@interfaithpowerandlight.org>
Sent: Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 2:10 PM
Subject: It's IPL's first email newsletter!

June Newsletter

June 6, 2024

Yes, you read that correctly! This is the first installment of our new monthly Interfaith Power & Light Newsletter! We want to keep you, our amazing network, informed on the work we're doing, things happening in the climate space, and ways that you can get involved in the movement for bold climate action.

Hot off the press: The 2023 Annual Report

The 2023 Annual Report has just been released, and is now available on our website here. In a letter from IPL president, Rev. Susan Hendershot, and IPL board chair, Melissa Gavin, the two said, "with this annual report, we celebrate you and your commitment to climate and environmental justice! Because of your support, Interfaith Power & Light is the leading and largest interfaith environmental organization in the United States, with a network of 40 state and regional affiliates around the country."

Read the full report, which includes program and advocacy highlights, updates from COP28, and our list of donors, on our website now

IPL Advocates take to Capitol Hill

IPL Climate advocates from across the country met with their elected leaders on Capitol Hill to call on congressional support for recently finalized Administrative rules on climate pollution, and for strong commitments to International Climate Funding in the FY25 budget. The conference attendees came from 25 different IPL state affiliates, representing 27 states. Read more about our day on the Hill here.

IPL welcomes new board member

Interfaith Power & Light is thrilled to welcome Jamila Yamani, PhD as the newest member of the board. Yamani currently serves as the Director, Climate & Energy at Salesforce, where her focus includes the energy transition and climate innovation. Before this role, she spent several years in venture capital, working in oil and gas decarbonization and energy innovation. Read more about Yamani here.

Faith Climate Action Week, a big success

The 2024 Faith Climate Action Week was a huge success! Congregations came together to preach, teach, and act for climate change and Earth justice. The theme for 2024, "Common Ground: Cultivating Connections between Food, Faith, and Climate," explored our duty to adopt sustainable agricultural practices that protect our Sacred Earth and how our faiths urge us to find just solutions for all. Read more about the 2024 Faith Climate Action Week!

The Washington Report

Each month, the IPL advocacy team provides updates on the important happenings here on Capitol Hill. This month: Washington D.C. autonomy is being threatened in Congress, a budget proposal by House Republicans includes major cuts for FY2025, there's movement on the Farm Bill, and recently finalized EPA standards on climate pollution are under attack. Read about more about these pressing issues, and learn about ways to take action in this month's Washington Report.

Let's Talk Solar Financing for Congregations!

Join us for IPL’s annual Solar Financing for Congregations webinar on June 13 to learn about ways to finance solar for your congregation, including an overview of Direct Pay and a testimonial from a congregation that has filed for it.

The webinar will be on June 13 at 12 pm Eastern. Mark your calendars, and register here.

Invite your congregation’s building committee, governing board, or green team to join the webinar to get inspired to take action to heal the climate at your house of worship.

Faith communities are building a movement of people of faith and conscience that shows the world that we can all take concrete and achievable steps to safeguard the climate for future generations.

IPL In the News
​​​​
.
Copyright © 2024, All rights reserved.