2 things...

Alison McKenzie

Oct 1, 2011, 12:45:12 PM10/1/11
to communities...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Attached you will find the list we made in class as well as the policy research document on full service schools.
Enjoy your weekend!
Alison
Full+Service+Schools+complete+paperZ-1.pdf
Factors that Impact student learning.docx

Katherine Casey

Oct 1, 2011, 1:29:49 PM10/1/11
to communities...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Alison!!

Schwartz mentioned to me that England decided in 2010 to combined its department of education with its department of children's services.  I checked out their website, and started to get interested in their model as one that could support community schools as (we've defined them) by streamlining resources for learning and well-being. http://www.education.gov.uk/ This might be something to think about as we start moving towards policy recommendations...or as we think about January travel.

See many of you at kickball!!
Katherine Casey
Candidate, Doctorate in Education Leadership (Ed.L.D) '14

"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief.
Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now.
You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither
are you free to abandon it."   --The Talmud