Re: Tomorrow's meeting - Team Equity Larsen 710

Laura Kanter

Oct 6, 2011, 9:08:24 AM10/6/11
to Katherine Casey, communities...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!

I reserved Larsen 710 so we are good to go there.  Thanks for the agenda and see you soon!

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Katherine Casey <kbc...@mail.harvard.edu> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to finally get rolling at tomorrow's meeting, 2:00-3:30. Since we never arranged a spot, I'll look into securing Larsen 203, 214, or 516 and email if I'm able to get any one of those. As a backup, let's plan to meet on the first floor of Gutman and take over one of those round tables.

I checked in with one or two folks on the team about proposing an agenda, and we agreed that it'd be good to at least put one out there. Th goals and agenda below are open to your input, and minimally give us a starting point for tomorrow.

As a reminder, we should review the documents Alison sent last week (policy/recommendations and our list of factors influencing schools), which I've reattached here.

See you tomorrow!
Katherine

Goals:

1. Categorize/organize 'factors that impact student learning' to develop a problem framework (from Allison's attached list).
    - How do we define the 'problem' of inequality in schools?

2. Identify opportunity areas that would address our problem framework (from Policy framework & other research).
    - What principles, practices, and models provide compelling solutions?
3. Identify learning goals for our 10/25 section.

    - What do we want people to ask, know, and understand as a result of our session?
4. Identify working teams, goals, deliverables, and next meeting date.

Agenda:

2:00-2:10 - Share Out: What do you hope to learn from this, and what do you hope our classmates will learn?

2:10-2:30 - Categorization & Problem Framework

2:30-3:00 - Opportunity Areas

3:00-3:10 - Return to Share Out: What are the learning goals for 10/25?

3:10-3:25 - Next steps: groups, action items & deliverables, meeting date

3:25-3:30 - Plus/Delta
--
Katherine Casey
Candidate, Doctorate in Education Leadership (Ed.L.D) '14

"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief.
Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly, now.
You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither
are you free to abandon it."   --The Talmud

--
Laura Kanter
Candidate, Doctorate in Education Leadership (Ed.L.D) '14