Call for Volunteers: Public Hours (9/12, Bike-to-Work Day 2021 (9/17) & More

Ian Ogden

Sep 9, 2021, 7:03:18 PM9/9/21
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Evening, all.

A recap of upcoming events and opportunities to embed some bicycle gunk into the fissures in your hands are below.

I. Sunday, 9/12: Open Workshop / Public Hours

11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Quite a few of our regulars are out of town this week, and things were pretty active last weekend. If you have some free hours to help support this Sunday's open workshop, please consider signing up and coming by!

Volunteer Signup, Weekly Open Hours:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KnpRbIe-mU75vBConWUNRIXy7JCUq9YdL4mYQqOnFO0/

--------

II. Friday, 9/17: Bike-to-Work Day Redux
7 AM-9 AM, Hanover Square Park (Corner of Packard & Division)

The folks at WBWC and GetDowntown have organized a fall Bike-to-Work Day after a strategic cancellation of the full event back in May. There will be around nine stations set up around Ann Arbor where folks can drop by and get an AM treat on their way into [work/whatever].

We'll be slinging baked goods and community bicycle repair at our usual spot - Hanover Square Park - feel free to sign up to volunteer or just drop by to say hello.

--------

III. September: UM EarthFest Events
In support of the UM's annual EarthFest event, CC will be tabling at the main event on 9/23/2021, as well as hosting two "EarthFest Plus" workshops on 9/21 and 9/30. Details are below in a highly portable, tabular format.

If you'd like to lend a hand with any of these three, please RSVP to Clark at cl...@commoncycle.org.

Date Time Location Event / Volunteer Opportunity
Tuesday, 9/21/2021 10 AM CC Workspace (416 W Huron) UM Earthfest "Plus" Event #1
(Fix-a-Flat & ABC Quick-Check Workshop)
Thursday, 9/23/2021 10 AM-
2 PM
UM Diag UM Earthfest - Main Event
Thursday, 9/30/2021 10 AM CC Workspace (416 W Huron) UM Earthfest "Plus" Event #2
(Fix-a-Flat & ABC Quick-Check Workshop)

Version2_01_Icon_nobg_color.png