Fwd: 11 Years of Service - We need your help!

Clark McCall

Mar 23, 2022, 1:53:23 PM3/23/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Common Cyclers,

Maker Works is the maker space located in the industrial park near the AA airport.  As with Common Cycler, they promote a do-it-yourself spirit and continuous learning and development.  They offer classes and work areas/tools for Wood, Metal, Jewelry, Electronics, Textiles, and Software.

In 2021 they switched from being a for-profit business to a not for profit.  They are looking for ways to stay in the black.

Clark

From: Maker Works <fron...@maker-works.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 5:17 PM
Subject: 11 Years of Service - We need your help!
To: <clar...@gmail.com>

Help Support Tomorrow's Maker
11 Years of Service - Now we need your help
Thank you to everyone who donated in December and January!

We're optimistic, but COVID has really kicked our butts. In 2021 our 501(c)(3) nonprofit introduced four new studio spaces, launched new programming (Intro to Household Tools!), helped launch more small businesses, brought back our Maker in Residence Program (Thanks ZMO!) and started work on creating a culture of welcoming with our staff and members.

Even so, we’re losing about $10,000 a month. We have enough cash flow to keep things going for the time being, but we need to change the trajectory. For financial details, click here. For ways to help, please scroll on. All are invited to a virtual meeting on Monday, 3/14 at 7pm.

I believe a shared creative Makerspace should be a key part of any thriving community. We’re asking for help from you as we continue to grow and transition as a nonprofit. Thank you!

 - Josh Williams
 - Executive Director
Spread
the
Word!
Spread the word! We need help introducing the shop to more people. Do you know someone that should know about us? Interested in helping share what we do? Or, are you a professional marketer? Click the button, let us know!
Classes are offered in Wood, Metal, Jewelry, Electronics, Textiles, and Software, providing a low cost opportunity to introduce people to relevant skills, build things they need, and launch or grow small businesses. Sign up for a class today! Pictured is Dulce teaching our Intro to Household Tools class.
Becoming a member provides you access to a shop full of tools, space, and community. We've had over 1,500 people start a membership, individuals like Ewunet (pictured) working on their craft. During any given month we have around 130 active members, and we have capacity to support many more!
Donations enable a place for FIRST High School Robotics Teams to work. It helps young social entrepreneurs like JustIzzy's to grow, supports our Maker in Residence Program, and countless member activities that help organizations like May We Help and Tinkered Toy Box. Please, make a donation today!
University, School, and Corporate Memberships are a great way to increase capability for your organization, extend your student's options, or offer a truly unique staff enrichment program! We can custom tailor to your needs, just ask!
Corporate Sponsorship is a way for organizations to be a visible steward of the making community. We've never offered this before, and we can hardly wait to find out who will be the first to join us!
Tell us about
Grants/Funds
Are you familiar with the work we do, and know of specific grants or funds that can help? We'd love to hear about them!
Dedicated Office/Studio Space helps companies like GW Stitchin Depot (pictured) grow their operation in a building full of tools they need with the space to create, and a community of makers that love to help and improve. We have new space available!
Finally: Share this Message!
We could use some help spreading the word about our space, thank you!