Help Finding Stolen Bike!

Ariana Haidari

Oct 11, 2022, 6:37:31 PM10/11/22
to Common Cycle
Hello Bike Community!

Unfortunately my bike was stolen last night. I'm asking your help to find my beloved bicycle, which is my primary mode of transit as I do not have a car. It is a dark blue Norco Section. It has pale green glow-in-the-dark handlebar tape, stickers on the body ("Tacoma," "Bike like the Mountain's out," "Kale to the Victors," and "Newark Natural Foods"), and a rear rack. There was also a plastic hamster on the front wheel. It was stolen with a gray and red axiom pannier and yellow Kali helmet. I've attached a photo. If anyone sees it, my phone number is 603-667-8930. I'd be glad to make a donation to Common Cycle or provide a monetary reward for any help.

Please see the attached photo - it looks just like this but the handlebars are now pale green.

IMG_4469.jpeg

R. Desai

Oct 11, 2022, 7:47:15 PM10/11/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
I am so sorry your bike was stolen. I will keep an eye out for it. You should also post this msg on Nextdoor.
Good luck.
Rekha
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
― Plato

Kitty Oppliger

Oct 11, 2022, 7:47:20 PM10/11/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
So sorry you lost your bike... I hope you find it!

I want to take this opportunity to encourage everyone to get their bike registered with DPSS on UM campus or with the police. It is extremely helpful in identifying and reclaiming bikes! Also, if the you register with DPSS they will give you a free U-lock, which are the best locks to deter anyone looking to take it.

Kitty

R. Desai

Oct 11, 2022, 9:22:38 PM10/11/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information. Btw what is DPSS?

Ian Ogden

Oct 11, 2022, 10:08:38 PM10/11/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Rekha - DPSS is the UM Division of Public Safety & Security (i.e campus police). The program which Kitty is referring to is their property registration process. (I'm personally no expert on this, but details can be found on the page below.)

Best,
Ian

Ian Ogden

Oct 12, 2022, 8:07:04 AM10/12/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Morning, everyone.

If others have any further questions or leads for Ariana, please contact them off-list via hai...@umich.edu or (603) 667-8930.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas thus far; hope their Norco can be recovered.

Ian