Call for Volunteers: Public Hours, Sunday, 6/19/2022 & Upcoming Events

Ian Ogden

Jun 16, 2022, 6:10:32 PM6/16/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello and hi. A merry Thursday to all.

Two events are scheduled for this Saturday, and some of the regulars are unavailable on Sunday. Plenty of opportunities to help folks work on their bikes - details and various links to click or poke are below:

I. SATURDAY, 6/18: West Willow Farmers Market Grand Opening
10 AM-2 PM, New West Willow Community, 2057 Tyler Rd, Ypsilanti, MI 48198 (Community Details | Event Details)

Clark M. has recently been working with the New West Willow Neighborhood Association on the east side of Ypsilanti and will be supporting this event on Saturday, which consists of a grand opening of their new farmer's market and a resource open-house for the NWWNA residents.

Volunteer Signup, West Willow Resource Day & Farmers Market Grand Opening
----

II. SATURDAY, 6/18: Juneteenth Celebration
12-3 PM, Wheeler Park (200 Depot St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 | Event Details)

Following a unity march from Fuller Park to Wheeler Park (departing from Fuller Park at 10 AM), the annual Juneteenth celebration festival is happening this Saturday and Common Cycle will be there for the first time since prior to the pandemic.

As always, folks are welcome to come turn some wrenches, chat with folks about bikes, and/or to check out the event.

Volunteer Signup, 2022 Juneteenth Celebration:
----

III. SUNDAY, 6/12: Public Hours
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

It'll be Sunday this Sunday -

----

IV. SATURDAY, 6/25: Summer Volunteer Orientation
12-2 PM, 416 W Huron

Would you be interested in volunteering with Common Cycle or getting a little more involved? If so, this is the place to start!

We're hosting a volunteer orientation to help folks learn about our workspace, our approach and find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities. *No bike repair experience required!*

Additionally, if you've been volunteering with Common Cycle for a while and would like to get more involved, we'll simultaneously be running a training for potential event leads / Public Hours hosts. During this parallel session, we'll go over what to expect as a Public Hours / Open Shop host and attendees will also have a chance to meet current volunteers and board members.

If you plan on attending one of these orientations, please RSVP by emailing volun...@commoncycle.org or via the Facesbook.
----

V. SATURDAY, 6/25: YMCA Block Party
12-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Common Cycle will be supporting the local YMCA''s summer block party next Saturday.  Of all of our mobile events, the equipment-haul for this one could almost be done by foot. (Hmm...)

----

Keep cool out there,
Ian