Call for Volunteers: Public Hours / Open Shop - Sunday, 11/20/2022

1 view

Ian Ogden

Nov 17, 2022, 8:13:12 PM11/17/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Evening, all.

I. SUNDAY, 11/20: Public Hours / Open Shop
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Another scorcher this Sunday, so we'll continue to keep the bay door closed and the doorbell live. It was surprisingly busy last week, despite the cold, but given the upcoming holiday, this weekend is less predictable. Bringing a project along might be good insurance - or there are always highly exciting around-the-shop tasks we try to take care of every month or so.

----

II. SUNDAY, 11/20: Steering Committee Meeting
4-5:30 PM, Zoom or 416 W Huron

The monthly steering committee will follow Public Hours. All are welcome to join - please shoot a note to in...@commoncycle.org if you'd like the Zoom link.
----

III. THURSDAY, 12/1: Tabling @ UM Sustainability Event
1-3 PM, UM Shapiro Library

The UM's Office of Campus Sustainability (our partners in hosting our Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day commuter node each May) are hosting their annual "Sustainable Seaons: Healthy Holidays" event at the Shapiro Library on December 1. CC will be there tabling and sharing tips on winter riding and bicycle maintenance. Low-waste gift-giving advice and free hot cocoa, apparently (BYO mug).

No volunteer signup, but if you're interested in helping, please email Clark at cl...@commoncycle.org.
----

Stay frosty,
Ian