🔧 Mechanics Needed! - Free Bikes 4 Kidz Detroit

Nate Phipps

Nov 24, 2021, 8:13:58 PM11/24/21
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all.

If you're inclined, please feel encouraged to volunteer with Free Bikes 4 Kidz Detroit this season. You can sign up at https://fb4kdetroit.org/volunteer/ and send any questions to in...@fb4kdetroit.org.

And if you need transport to Detroit, consider taking the D2A2 Connector Bus

Have a restful holiday weekend. Gobble gobble.

750 Bikes to Go Before 12/9!

A Saturday "Mechanics" Shift is Added as Repair Season Enters the Homestretch!

Free Bikes 4 Kidz set a new Detroit bike collection record this year, gathering 2,735 bikes from the public as of this writing! We've had hundreds of volunteers join us in the largest pop-up bike shop in Michigan to repair those bikes over the last 7 weeks and, as we wind down towards the end of our 10-week volunteer calendar, we are now in dire need of folks with bike mechanic skills to help us cross the finish line and get as many bikes into the hands of the kids of our community as possible before the holidays. Thanks to so many helping hands in the last several weeks, we will be done with all the cleaning of the bikes within the next few days. We've completely finished refurbishing just under 70% of the bikes we intend to distribute in December and we have until December 9 to complete the remaining 30% - and we need your help! To this end, we have added a shift for Mechanics on Saturday afternoons from 1p-4p on November 27 and December 4, in addition to our normal 10a-1p shift that day. If you have bike mechanic skills and/or are part of a bike club whose members work on their own bikes, please consider volunteering for a shift between now and December 9 - as of now the 1-4p shift on Saturdays is wide open. Each workstation has all the professional bike mechanic tools you'll need to do the job. Thank you for your support, Detroit - you've come through every year in the final weeks of our season to make the holidays brighter for a child in need and we know this year won't be any different - Happy Holidays to all!
Volunteer to Fix Bikes

Volunteer for Bike Giveaway Days and Be Part of Changing a Child's Life!

Those huge smiles that magically appear when a child gets their very first bike are only a few weeks away! FB4K is going to have a limited in-person bike giveaway this year on Saturday, December 11 and Sunday, December 12. We'll have a few small groups come into our warehouse on those two days for children to "shop" for their first bike. There will be a mandatory mask requirement, regardless of vaccination status, while in the building and we'll make sure the large warehouse space is well ventilated. If you would like to be part of our giveaway process you can volunteer for one of the five roles available by clicking on the button below. The roles we need to fill are:

Check-In Host
Bike Shopping Host
Helmet Sizing Host
Bike Restocker
Mechanic Assistance

Come join us for the most fun, heartwarming day of the year and you'll be giving a kid the chance to be a kid!

Volunteer for Giveaway Days
Share Share
Tweet Tweet
Share Share
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Copyright © 2021 Free Bikes 4 Kidz Detroit, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
in...@fb4kdetroit.org

-Nate (he/him/his)
Board President, 2021-2022

Happy Bikes -->Happy People -->Happy Communities
Website: commoncycle.org
Instagram: @commoncyclea2

Support Common Cycle's work! - DONATE now to support our programming.