Call for Volunteers: Open Workshop / Public Hours - Sunday, 10/31/2021

Ian Ogden

Oct 28, 2021, 11:30:30 PM10/28/21
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Some reasonable words from a decades-old downtube:

Label.jpg
----

The workshop will be open; the hours will be public - this Sunday. Please drop your name in to come lend a hand.

Also! Following the paintwork at 416, most of the equipment has been cleared out of the common bay, and we'll be able to return to our normal arrangement of stands and workbenches. This should help with in-building capacity and ergonomics a bit.
----

Friday, 10/29 @ 7:15 PM, Kerrytown - Bike-In::Halloween
The annual Bike-In::Halloween bike cruise is this Friday. Assembling in Kerrytown at ~7 PM and rolling at 7:15 PM; sub-10 miles, sub-10 mph, and the Halloween ride will reportedly include some "aptly themed festivities". Be there and be square (or whichever shape you'd like to dress up as).

Eric Ferguson

Oct 29, 2021, 10:40:38 AM10/29/21
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

A quick addition to this-if you've recently filled out our Volunteer Interest Form or have interest in volunteering, please consider signing up for our next Volunteer Orientation! More information is below.
  • Why: To support Common Cycle's mission of empowering Ann Arbor to ride bicycles by providing access to workspace, tools, and knowledge

  • What: An orientation to Common Cycle's history, approach, and current programs and volunteer opportunities

  • When: Sunday November 14, 2:30-4:00ish

  • Where: Our coop space - 416 W. Huron Ave, #11, Ann Arbor, MI 48103

  • How: In-person and public-health informed - we will mask while inside our space

We'd love to have you join us and get to know a bit about our organization, its operations, history, and norms, and learn about how you can get involved.

And remember, you do not need to know how to fix bikes to volunteer with us! In fact, volunteering with Common Cycle is a great way to learn. There are a lot of ways to help out and this is the best way to get started.

If you think you can make it, please sign up via this Google Form.

If you have any questions or just want to connect, don't hesitate to reach out to us at volun...@commoncycle.org or by replying to this email.

Ride well,

Eric

Eric Ferguson
pronouns: he/him/his (what's this?)

Eric Ferguson

Oct 31, 2021, 1:07:40 PM10/31/21
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Matthew G. for pointing out that the sign-up form wasn't working right-it should be working now! Here's the link.