Call for Volunteers: Public Hours (4/3/2022) & Upcoming Events

Ian Ogden

Mar 31, 2022, 8:45:50 PM3/31/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Evening, all - another flight of opportunities coming up:

I. SUNDAY, 4/3: Public Hours

11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

The weather's looking promising on Sunday, so we'll hopefully be able to open the bay door and do some work outside. As an early-season tip: Sunscreen recommended, as the early-day sun hits the east side of the building pretty hard.

Also, we're hoping to determine whether we'll be open on Sunday, 4/17/2022. If you expect to be available to support the PM shift and/or Close on 4/17, dropping your name in would be a big help in planning.

Volunteer Signup, Weekly Public Hours:
-----

II. SATURDAY, 4/9: 2022 Garage Sale & Support

Common Cycle's bicycle distribution team has been working hard over the winter to ready a number of bicycles for donation through community partners. We have some surplus and will be hosting a Garage Sale on 4/9/2022 to make some room.

Opportunities to help are in the signup sheet below:

If not available to volunteer, please feel free to drop by; details available on our website or the book of faces.

-----

III. [VARIOUS] Ongoing Opportunities

  1. QBP Mechanic's Training - Racial Diversity Cohort
    BIPOC graduates of our Maintenance Course and BIPOC individuals employed locally at a bicycle retailer or non-profit shop are encouraged to apply for the QBP Bike Mechanic Scholarship -

    Applicants willing to share their knowledge and support community-building efforts in the Ann Arbor and Washtenaw communities through Common Cycle’s programming can request assistance with travel and other expenses (not covered in the QBP scholarship) by emailing in...@commoncycle.org. Please let CC help you make this happen, if it sounds interesting!

    Applications to QBP are due Friday, April 8th, 2022.
    ----

  2. League of American Bicyclists League Cycling Instructor Training - Ypsilanti, MI
    As a reminder, an opportunity to participate in a training to become a League Cycling Instructor with the League of American Bicyclists is conveniently available at a session being hosted in Ypsilanti from 4/29-5/1/2022.

    Please consider applying and attending, if you're interested - applications close on Friday, April 8, 2022. As mentioned last week, CC hasn't discussed any potential needs-based scholarship or support opportunities, but if you're interested, please email me or in...@commoncycle.org as a discussion can definitely be had.

    What is a League Cycling Instructor?
    https://www.bikeleague.org/content/become-instructor

    Registration Link:
    https://bikeleague.secure.force.com/lab_events?id=a0k1M00000WISeS