Call for Volunteers: Public Hours, Sunday, 5/22 & Upcoming Events

Ian Ogden

May 19, 2022, 7:22:59 PM5/19/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Evening, Larries and Harries.

We're still in the thick of the busy season, so lots of opportunities coming up; two early-June events added to this week's roundup:

I. FRIDAY, 5/20: Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day
7-10 AM, Hanover Square Park (at NW intersection of Packard and Divison) (Event Details)

Looks like six stations around town have been confirmed for Bike-to-Work (or Whatever) Day, taking place tomorrow morning! We'll be co-hosting with RoosRoast and staff from UM Parking & Transportation and the Office of Campus Sustainability at Hanover Square Park - please drop by or sign up to volunteer below.

Latest Map of all Commuter Nodes (click/poke to embiggen)
2022 BtWD Map.jpg

Volunteers Signup, 2022 Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day
----

II. SUNDAY, 5/22: Public Hours
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Open shop / public hours are taking place at the HQ this Sunday (in addition to CC supporting Bike-a-Palooza) -

----
III. SUNDAY, 5/22: DDA Bike-a-Palooza
12-2 PM, Old Y Lot (350 S Fifth Ave) & Downtown Bikeway Network (Event Details)

We have solid coverage for Bike-a-Palooza (running concurrently with Public Hours). Thanks to those who've signed up; if anyone would be up to guide some small groups around the downtown bikeways, two "chaperone" slots remain open -

Volunteer Signup, DDA Bike-a-Palooza

----
[two weeks elapse]
----

IV. MONDAY, 6/6: A2Zero Cargo Bike Rally
6-9 PM, Ann Arbor Farmers Market (Kerrytown (Event Details)

As part of A2Zero week, all are invited to embrace their utilitarian side and join a cargo bike rally on Monday, June 6 at the Farmers Market in Kerrytown. CC will be onsite with a mobile pop-up providing mechanical support and to help with any other issues folks may have (cargo bike or not).

Please come by to share how you move people and/or stuff by bike, or if you're interested in this sort of thing, drop in to scope out folks' rigs, test some bikes and otherwise hang out on a Monday evening.

Volunteers Signup, Cargo Bike Rally:
----

V. FRIDAY, 6/10: Ann Arbor Green Fair
6-9 PM, Downtown Ann Arbor (specific site TBD; Event Details)

We'll be tabling and working on bicycles among, for, and with members of the public the evening of Friday, 6/10 in downtown. As folks may know, we've participated at this event for many years and it's always been a pleasant time.

Volunteer Signup, 2022 Green Fair
----

VI. CC IS HIRING
Common Cycle is seeking to hire a staff person to help with various areas we're working to build more capacity around - abridged details are below (full details linked here - PDF). Interested folks are invited to send a resume and letter of interest to in...@commoncycle.org.

Domains of Responsibility
Support for Outreach and Community Partnerships
Support for Operations

Key Details
Start date = ASAP
End date = 8/31/2022 (with potential for extension)
Living wage provided commensurate with experience - minimum $15/hr
10-20 hours per week
Likely a mix of remote and in-person work at the CC workspace
Seeking applications right away; please send a resume and cover letter to in...@commoncycle.org
----

Cheers,
Ian O.