Call for Volunteers: Public Hours - Sunday, 5/1/2022 & Other May Opportunities

Ian Ogden

Apr 28, 2022, 5:37:55 PM4/28/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

It's technically spring and effectively May! As such, there are quite a few opportunites this month to support local events; please see below -

I. SUNDAY, 5/1: Public Hours
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

We're hosting weekly public hours as usual this weekend. I'll personally be out of town on Sunday, so feel free to come in and rearrange all of our carefully shelved items while helping bemused members of the public work on their bicycles.

----

II. SUNDAY, 5/15: Huron River Day
Gallup Park, 12-4 PM - Mobile Repair & Bike Valet Support (Event Details)

We'll be deploying our mobile operations to support this year's Huron River Day at Gallup Park. May 15th will be a pretty packed day, and a lot of the regulars may be split across several events (Public Hours at 416; Huron River Day at Gallup; Steering Committee Meeting, 4-5:30 PM). Please sign up to lend a hand, if you're free.

Volunteer Signup, 2022 Huron River Day:
----

III. FRIDAY, 5/20: Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day
7-10 AM, Hanover Square Park (at NW intersection of Packard and Divison)

As part of Ann Arbor's Bike-to-Work day on the 20th, we'll be hosting a commuter node from which we'll be helping commuters with minor mechanical issues and slinging donuts and coffee with the crew from RoosRoast.

Volunteers Signup, 2022 Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day
----

IV. SUNDAY, 5/22: DDA Bike-a-Palooza
12-2 PM, Old Y Lot (350 S Fifth Ave) & Downtown Bikeway Network (Event Details)

CC will be supporting the DDA's showcase of the downtown bikeways with a mobile pop-up along the William St bikeway. This is a first-time event which will also feature Bløm Meadworks, Urban Rider and will include short new-rider clinics and four education stations across the 1st-William-Division-Catherine network. There has also been mention of some as-yet-unrevealed pedal powered art-production apparatus. If you're intrigued, please come by and check out the event, or sign up to help host the CC repair stand.

Volunteers Signup, DDA Bike-a-Palooza

----

Coffee&Donits.jpg