Update on Common Cycle's 2023 Spring Maintenance Course

ยอดดู 15 ครั้ง
ข้ามไปที่ข้อความที่ยังไม่อ่านรายการแรก

Nate Phipps

ยังไม่อ่าน,
28 ก.พ. 2566 20:24:0128/2/66
ถึง commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Common Cycle-ers,

Due to unprecedented demand and the large waitlist from our fall session this year, we will not have seats available in our Spring 2023 Maintenance Course. Those who were deferred from that fall course have been offered spots and the course is full. Our maintenance course is a very popular offering, and we know this is disappointing, so we're sorry to share this news (though we are grateful for the interest and support).

We're considering alternatives for community members who had hoped to apply and attend this round, including the potential to add additional courses in the future if demand remains high.

In the meantime, there are a number of other ways you can learn some repair and maintenance skills:
  • Weekly Public Hours / Open Shop
    • Every Sunday from 11 AM-3 PM at our workshop (416 W Huron, 48103).
    • You can bring your bike and learn as you go - all our programs function as a workshop environment
    • You can start volunteering with us as an apprentice volunteer; if interested in this, please fill out our volunteer interest form and we'll follow up regarding next steps.

  • Other Events / Ad-Hoc Workshops
    • We generally advertise these / send calls for volunteers via the mailing list. This season is likely to be busy with mobile events in the community, so lots of opportunities to learn.
  • FTW (Women/Trans/Femme/Non-Binary) Workshops
    • Dedicated events and community for those who identify as women/trans/femme/non-binary
    • Roughly monthly, often taking place on the fourth Wednesday of each month
    • These are workshops dedicated to folks underrepresented in working on and using bikes and often include a short lecture as well as time to work on a particular subject or anything else you'd like (with or without support).
    • Events are ongoing and added to the calendar roughly quarterly. If you're interested in this, there is a dedicated mailing list we can add you to.
    • Please email tr...@commoncycle.org for more information
Again, we're sorry to those of you who had hoped to apply for this session. We hope to see some of you down at the workshop as the weather turns.

Until then, take care, and ride well.

--
-Nate (he/him/his)
Board President

Happy Bikes -->Happy People -->Happy Communities
Website: commoncycle.org
Instagram: @commoncyclea2

Support Common Cycle's work! - DONATE now to support our programming.

ตอบทุกคน
ตอบกลับผู้สร้าง
ส่งต่อ
ข้อความใหม่ 0 รายการ