Call for Volunteers: Public Hours / Open Shop - 10/23/2022

Ian Ogden

Oct 20, 2022, 9:16:59 PM10/20/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello. And welcome back to community bicycle repair. You are reading the weekly C4V bulletin from Common Cycle.

I. SUNDAY, 10/23: Public Hours / Open Shop
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Our 37th installment of Public Hours in 2022 is taking place this Sunday and we're increasingly thinking about helping people prep for the fall and winter (whether preparing for all-weather commuting, how to take care of a bicycle if one doesn't have storage out of the weather, etc.). And, as always, helping people learn get more comfortable working on their bikes. If you're free, you're welcome to to click the link and do the thing below -

----

II. TUESDAY, 10/25: Lights Distribution @ Delonis
5-7 PM, Delonis Center Parking Lot

Next Tuesday - working to get folks in need outfitted with decent-quality safety lights in advance of the daily long dark. Looks like it might even be mild.

Volunteer Signup, 10/25 Lights Distribution Event:
----

And Lastly...
From the City of Ann Arbor: Upcoming speed management program open houses, October, 2022

City staff are working with a consulting team in the development of a speed management program (in my opinion, to hopefully support the City's VisionZero goals). The city is hosting two more open houses where details so far will be shared and folks from the community can evaluate their plans and share feedback.

October 19 – Ann Arbor Farmers Market, 315 Detroit Street: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
October 22 – Traverwood Branch Library, 3333 Traverwood Dr: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
October 26 – Mallets Creek Branch Library, 3090 E Eisenhower Pkwy: 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
----

Peacey weace,
Ian