Call for Volunteers: Public Hours, Sunday, 6/26/2022 & Upcoming Events (inc. Two Corrections!)

Ian Ogden

Jun 24, 2022, 7:41:08 AM6/24/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone.

Apologies - two errors were present in last week's message regarding start/end times for the two happenings this Saturday, 6/25. Corrections from last week are below in obnoxious red:

I. SATURDAY, 6/25: Summer Volunteer Orientation
2-4 PM, 416 W Huron

This is taking place on Saturday from 2-4 PM. (I'd wrongly listed in last week's message that this was taking place from 12-2. To confirm - the two-hour orientation session starts at 2 PM - sorry for the error.)

All those interested in learning more about Common Cycle and/or getting involved as a volunteer at any level are invited to join; we'll be going over what to expect as a volunteer, sharing an overview of Common Cycle's philosophy and approach, and giving a full tour of the workshop.

If this sounds interesting, please RSVP by emailing volun...@commoncycle.org or via the Facebook event below:
https://www.facebook.com/events/5361701983850053
----

II. SATURDAY, 6/25: YMCA Block Party
2-5 PM, Downtown YMCA (400 W Washington St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103)

This Saturday is the YMCA's annual block party on Washington St. We will be hosting a mobile pop-up at the downtown YMCA from 2-5 PM. (Though our commitment ends at 5 PM, the block party officially wraps up at 6 PM; folks onsite are welcome to extend/stick around, if desired.)

Volunteer Signup, Mobile Pop-Up @ YMCA Block Party, 2-5 PM
----

III. SUNDAY, 6/26: Public Hours / Open Shop
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

Our various sizes of door will be open on Sunday for the working on of bicycles by, with and for the public. Things have been quite steady for the last few weeks, so please come by if you have a few blank hours.

----

[Bonus Item] FRIDAY, 6/24: bike-in :: Swimmings
7:00 Assembl, 7:15 PM Roll, Ann Arbor Farmers Market in Kerrytown

The last Friday of the month has come around quickly and the June Bike-In cruise is tonight! As usual, a rhizomatic collective of humans and humanoids on bikes will be cruising around town at a chill pace. this month landing at a spot to take a dip.

----

If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a note offline or email in...@commoncycle.org.

Cheers,
Ian