[Call for Applications] Common Cycle 2022 Spring Maintenance Course - due by Friday, 3/25

Nate Phipps

Mar 14, 2022, 12:01:55 AM3/14/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com

Hiya, folks!

We are delighted to open up applications for our bi-annual maintenance course. Please read the information below and submit an application at the link below if you'd like to take part.

Common Cycle's maintenance courses are intended to help train current and future volunteers and community members by providing hands-on experience and general knowledge about fixing bicycles and assisting people who come to our bicycle co-op.

Common Cycle's Fall 2021 Maintenance Course will be held on Mondays from 6:30-8:30 pm, beginning April 11th, and run for 6 consecutive weeks, concluding on May 16, 2022. There will be an optional 7th session on May 23. Classes will be held at the Common Cycle Co-op, located at 416 W Huron St Suite #11, Ann Arbor, MI 48103. We cover a range of repairs and maintenance from basic (e.g. tube change, brake adjustment) to advanced (e.g. hub overhaul, wheel truing).

The course has a cap on student numbers so that everyone will have some time and space to do hands-on work, and current volunteers will be given precedence. No knowledge of bike repair is required - just an interest in learning more and helping others.

COVID information:

  • Only fully vaccinated and boosted individuals will be accepted into the course (you will be asked to affirm your vaccination status in the application).

  • We will follow all state and local guidance related to masking and other public health and safety measures.

Although this is a low/no-cost course, we ask you to respect the demand for this course and the large amount of volunteer work that goes into coordinating and teaching the course. Specifically:

  • If you are enrolled, we expect you to attend the majority of sessions (4+) or make clear in your application that you will not able to attend all sessions.

  • If selected, we ask that participants volunteer at least two Common Cycle events over the subsequent 6 months (these can be while you're enrolled in the class as a way to compliment your work in class).

Application link: https://forms.gle/B6HXFnxFChJnvc1B6

Applications close Friday, March 25th at 11:59 pm. Please respond to in...@commoncycle.org with questions.

Ride well!

--
-Nate (he/him/his)
Board President, 2021-2022

Happy Bikes -->Happy People -->Happy Communities
Website: commoncycle.org
Instagram: @commoncyclea2

Support Common Cycle's work! - DONATE now to support our programming.