Call for Volunteers: Public Hours / Open Shop - Sunday, 1/22/2023

Ian Ogden

Jan 19, 2023, 11:34:22 PM1/19/23
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Evening, all.

Another Sunday is on the horizon and we'll be hosting our usual four-hour stint of helping folks learn about and gain comfort in working on their bikes. In addition, as capacity and constitution allow, we'll hopefully continue working through some off-season tasks to prep the shop for the upcoming year.

----
In cautious anticipation of seemingly continuous mid-30s,
Ian O.

Barbara Lucas

Jan 25, 2023, 8:33:05 AM1/25/23
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Common Cycle: Below is an opportunity of possible interest to bike enthusiasts who care about climate and/or those who have been following the local conversations about new development. Attend in-person or via Zoom.
Barbara

------
Housing and Transportation: What’s the Climate Connection?

A panel discussion on the climate impact of housing & transportation, and how to design low carbon, highly livable cities.

By Citizens’ Climate Lobby & City of Ann Arbor Office of Sustainability and Innovation

Housing and transportation together account for 42% of our carbon emissions. To minimize climate change, we need to make our buildings more efficient, utilize building footprints more efficiently, and create housing options that allow us to dramatically reduce vehicle miles traveled. What impact do transportation and housing choices have on carbon emissions, affordability, and livability? Join us for a panel discussion led by housing and transportation experts:

  • Jan Culbertson (Senior Principal Emeritus, A3C and Leadership Council Chair, Ann Arbor 2030 District)
  • Reid Ewing (Distinguished Professor of City & Metropolitan Planning, University of Utah)
  • Christopher Laurent (President, Cinnaire Solutions)
  • Jonathan Levine (Professor of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Michigan Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning)

WHEN:  Wed, February 22, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM EST

WHERE: 2 Ways to Attend
In person- Downtown Ann Arbor District Library 4th floor meeting room (343 S. 5th Ave, Ann Arbor, MI). Registration appreciated, but not required.
Online- To receive the Zoom link to attend the webinar, please register through the City of Ann Arbor website here.