🚲 Announcement & RSVP for the 2023 Bike Summit! 🚲

Nate Phipps

Mar 11, 2023, 6:03:22 PM3/11/23
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Common Cyclers.

Herein find information on two very cool upcoming events: Handlebar Happy Hour, on Wedneaday, March 15th and the 2023 Bike Summit, on Sunday, April 2.

RSVP is requested for the summit, but you can just drop by the happy hour - and we hope to see you there!

April 2nd, 12pm at Venue by 4M
View this email in your browser

Join us on April 2nd for the 8th Annual Bike Summit!

Date: Sunday, April 2nd
Time: 12-3pm (followed by a social hour from 3-4)
Location: Venue by 4M - 1919 S. Industrial Hwy Ann Arbor, MI 48104

RSVP to the Bike Summit

Join area bicycle advocates and enthusiasts for the eighth annual Bike Summit as we gather to make Washtenaw County a better place to bike! Together we will celebrate the progress and acknowledge the challenges of the past two years and design actionable solutions for the upcoming year around the themes of visibility and barriers.

 Featured topics, speakers, and breakout sessions include:

  • Underrepresented perspectives in cycling
  • The language of cycling advocacy
  • Promoting education, enthusiasm, and community
  • Whatever else you’d like to promote action on

Whether you want to get more involved in the local biking community, learn about area bike groups or organizations, or just meet other bike enthusiasts, please join us for community building and action.

Free and open to the public. ALL are welcome.

Note: The event runs from 12-3 and we'll host an optional happy hour afterward at Venue.

About our hosts:

This year's bike summit is generously hosted & sponsored by Venue by 4M. Venue is a gorgeous new restaurant & bar with five menu lines, a full bar, market & cafe, public & private coworking, and flexible event spaces. Venue is owned & operated by 4M, a women and LGBTQ+ owned business who has partnered with May Mobility on sustainable and autonomous vehicles. One of 4Ms primary goals is to be a partner and collaborator in the community, promoting and hosting local organizations for events and engagement.

Join us this Wednesday, 3/15 @5pm for Handlebar Happy Hour!

Join fellow cycling enthusiasts for food, drinks, and fun at the North Star Lounge right off the newly opened Catherine-Miller protected bikeway!

Date: Wednesday, March 15th
Time: 5-7pm
Location: North Star Lounge

The Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority (DDA) will be providing FREE appetizers and snacks, and drinks will be available for purchase. There will also be an opportunity to talk with the DDA and provide informal feedback about all the recent bike infrastructure downtown.

Everyone is welcome and no RSVP is required.

Ride over on the new Catherine-Miller Bikeway, support a local business, and enjoy a beverage and some snacks with other bike folks!

Copyright © 2023 Bicycle Alliance of Washtenaw, All rights reserved.
You signed up to receive the Bicycle Alliance Washtenaw newsletter.

Our mailing address is:
Bicycle Alliance of Washtenaw
1706 Fulmer St
Ann Arbor, MI 48103

Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

--
-Nate (he/him/his)
Board President, 2021-2022

Happy Bikes -->Happy People -->Happy Communities
Website: commoncycle.org
Instagram: @commoncyclea2

Support Common Cycle's work! - DONATE now to support our programming.