Call for Volunteers: Public Hours / Open Shop - Sunday, 4/24/2022

Ian Ogden

Apr 21, 2022, 11:33:16 PM4/21/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, everyone. Hope your week has been going smoothly.

I. SUNDAY, 4/24: Public Hours
11 AM-3 PM, 416 W Huron

This Sunday, we're gathering in reverence of, and to help folks work on, a particular means of conveyance; please sign up to volunteer below -

Also, the monthly steering committee meeting is taking place from 4-5:30 PM following public hours. All are welcome and some volunteers will likely dial in from the workshop.
----

II. [VARIOUS] Spring Dates to Save
Events are starting to roll in and, for those interested in lending a hand to help support mobile events into the summer, some effectively-confirmed dates are below. Dedicated signup sheets will be circulated for these as these approach, but FYI if you'd like to put any of these on your calendar -
  • Sunday, May 15 (time TBD): Huron River Day at Gallup Park - Mobile Repair Pop-Up
  • Friday, May 20, 7-10 AM: Bike-to-[Work/Whatever] Day - Co-hosting a commuter node at Hanover Square Park
  • Sunday, May 22 (time TBD): DDA "Bike-a-Palooza" - Mobile Repair Pop-Up
  • Monday, June 6, 6-9 PM: Cargo Bike Rally (Kerrytown) - Mobile Repair Pop-Up & Mechanical Support
  • Friday, June 10, 6-9 PM: Ann Arbor Green Fair (Downtown) - Mobile Repair Pop-Up & Tabling
----

III. City of Ann Arbor: Sustainable Energy Utility
As folks may know, Common Cycle is among the city's A2Zero community partners, what with bicycles, waste-diversion, and carbons, etc.. As such, please consider yourself bothered about something not related to bicycles and working on them - the city is currently seeking feedback about the prospect of municipalizing energy generation via a Sustainable Energy Utility.

Details are in the attached image; if you'd like more info or to share feedback with the City, please navigate to www.a2gov.org/a2seu via your preferred internet-connected device.

Cheers,
Ian O.

Eric Ferguson

Apr 22, 2022, 11:18:34 AM4/22/22
to commo...@googlegroups.com
Regarding that SEU proposal: those interested will also probably be interested in Ann Arbor for Public Power (A2P2), which is pursuing full municipalization of the grid that DTE operates within Ann Arbor. It's rather interesting to me that the SEU proposal, which sees itself as an additional or supplemental  utility to the DTE grid, didn't exist until A2P2 had done a lot of organizing and advocacy for full municipalization.

Please reply directly to me and not the whole email list if you're interested in having a discussion about this-I don't want to clog up people's inboxes with too many messages that aren't directly related to CC!

Eric Ferguson
pronouns: he/him/his (what's this?)