Release: League Honors 57 Communities Transforming Bicycling

Ian Ogden

Dec 8, 2021, 6:50:45 PM12/8/21
FYI - The League of American Bicyclists has announced the results of the 2021 Bicycle Friendly Communities program applications and renewals. As you may know, the City of A2 renewed its application this past fall and its designation has been updated from Silver to Gold. (Per the League, the first community in Michigan to achieve Gold status, as it happens.)

At the risk of information-overload, the League's one-page report card for Ann Arbor is attached.

Thanks and gratitudes to everyone working to make Ann Arbor (and Ypsi, the townships and the county at large) better, fairer, safer, more interesting places to use a bike.

Next up Platinum?

----
P.S. From the League's full announcement -

Fort Collins (IO: Platinum for a while now) is currently developing a public Equity Indicators Dashboard project that includes five indicators related to transportation, including community perceptions of ease of bicycling, transit use, and dependency on cars for transportation and shows current disparities using data disaggregated by race.

Perhaps the basis for some repeatable / adoptable indicators.