Self-reported conformance tests: change to the CWL website

Michael R. Crusoe

Nov 16, 2021, 10:47:13 AM11/16/21
to common-workflow-language
Dear CWL community

As part of a recent change to the CWL website, I added a column to the CWL Implementations table for "Self Reported Compliance"

image.png

Here we see that ep3 reports that they pass 98% of the CWL v1.0 compliance tests marked "required" via a badge that links to a more detailed report giving the percent breakdown for each optional feature of CWL v1.0.

image.png

I invite every system capable of running CWL tools and/or workflows to also self-report their level of compliance with the CWL conformance tests (including the version(s) of the CWL standards supported: v1.0, v1.1, and/or v1.2) by sending a pull request to update https://github.com/common-workflow-language/cwl-website/blob/main/content/_includes/home/implementations.html

Ideally this information would be updated upon every release. For service providers I ask that the day the conformance test was run is made clear.

You may find the badge generating capabilities of cwltest useful, though using cwltest is not required: https://github.com/common-workflow-language/cwltest/#generate-conformance-badges-using-cwltest

Cheers!

--
Michael R. Crusoe ; he/him
CWL Project Leader, Software Freedom Conservancy, Common Workflow Language project