[URGENT] Looking for "federatable" CWL workflow, deadline: 22-DEC-2020, 1pm UTC

Alexander Kanitz

Dec 21, 2020, 1:38:25 PM12/21/20
to common-workf...@googlegroups.com
Dear CWL community,

for a proposal for the EOSC-Life Digital Life Sciences open call on federated data analysis in the cloud based on GA4GH Cloud API standards, proposal due tomorrow(!), we are urgently looking for a CWL workflow that fulfills at least the first two of the following criteria (listed in decreasing importance):
  • Appropriately licensed for us to use, modify and publish it in workflow registry
  • "Federation-enabled": Should contain one or more parallel steps acting on individual samples as well as one or more downstream, sequential steps acting on the pre-processed samples (say, generating count tables from RNA-Seq samples, then running some differential analysis on a set of such tables)
  • Deals with the analysis of single-cell omics (ideally transcriptomics) data
  • Containerized
  • High quality / production-tested
If you know of such a workflow (or one that comes close), I would appreciate a message by tomorrow, December 22nd, 1pm UTC. We will of course acknowledge your help, and if you are (or represent) the developer of the workflow, apart from credits for and free promotion of your work, we might be able to work out some sort of collaboration, if interested (possibly as part of the proposal but time may be too short to work that out).

If we have not found a concrete and suitable workflow by that time, we will go ahead and describe our requirements and make the search for (or implementation of) the workflow its own task in the proposal (but not ideal), so we may still be interested in such a workflow after the deadline passed.

Thanks a lot and best,
Alex