Re: I spoke about HG by invitation on Sat

1 view

Scott Baker

Jun 30, 2014, 1:14:12 PM6/30/14
to toby lenihan, Mike Curtis, Alanna Hartzok, Lindy Davies, RITA ROWAN, Common Ground NYC, Billy Fitzgerald, Andy Mazzone
Toby -
Congratulations!  And this sounds like a promising inroad.  I'm letting the rest of Common Ground know by way of this email too.

BTW, there is a new 800-page book citing the land cycle 1830 - 2013 and proposing the Georgist solution form our friends Down Under.  Australia has some of the best land documentation around, so this ought to be a good and useful book, though I've only read the executive summary so far:
free 800 page book: Bubble Economics

image
free 800 page book: Bubble Economics
Here is a free 800 page book from the World Economics Association Bubble Economics Paul D. Egan and Philip Soos In Bubble Economics, Paul Egan and Philip So...
Preview by Yahoo
It's got some heavy hitters in the acknowledgments:
Gavin Putland, Bryan Kavanagh, Cameron Murray, Leith van Onselen, Adam Schwab, Denise Brailey, Catherine Cashmore, Bruce Ramsay and Steve Keen.
and it is free for downloading.

Happy Landings....

On Monday, June 30, 2014 12:56 PM, toby lenihan <tob...@optonline.net> wrote:

  I was invited by my friend   Dorothy (who I got interested in HG from me) to speak & do some of my songs this Sat for a church group dinner.
  It actually went very well. I called my talk " Economics from the Bible & how it relates to today's problems"  First I did some of my HG songs with the guitar to introduce the subject,
 Of course I spoke about the Jubilee law as it related to the land etc. I also  related from HG among other examples  (in regard to how the power to tax is the power to destroy )how when there was a window tax  in England there were less windows in front  etc. And one lady said that she is from Ireland & remembered that her family home had small windows in   front & larger ones in the back for that very reason  & she said she never heard anyone else ever mention that, & that impressed her a lot
 . I talked  about what true ownership means for the individual & the community & the reasons for  the Single Tax & also I spoke about the functions of government from Social Problems etc, & how it relates today  to our drug laws  monopolies etc.
  There were some lively questions put forth which I answered.At the end I  showed them some HG speeches  pamphlets) from RSF which were taken with interest.
  The pastor, a lady, was very friendly & interested & told me that I reminded her of Joan Biez  who she was a fan of.(which people used to tell me a lot when I was younger) I brought a couple of my HG songs cds which she was  very interested in & told me to play on their player & they liked it & had the songs on when I left. And most surprising of all to me is that they actually paid me $25 for coming. I didn't expect to be paid anything.