Configuration facility

Eugen Wintersberger

Dec 10, 2012, 6:04:20 AM12/10/12
to common-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks
I have a general question that came to my mind during the work on the
Python wrapper.
Is there some central configuration facility for CDMA? Something that
tells CDMA where to look for plugins? This is important in particular
for the packaging work.

regards
Eugen
signature.asc

spoirier

Dec 10, 2012, 11:04:16 AM12/10/12
to common-d...@googlegroups.com
Not yet actually.
Client code uses: Factory::init("<plugins path>");
However dictionaries are searched in the path defined by the value of $CDMA_DICTIONARY_PATH
I propose the same for plugins path default value, using a environment variable (CDMA_PLUGIN_PATH ?)

Eugen Wintersberger

Dec 13, 2012, 4:07:16 AM12/13/12
to common-d...@googlegroups.com
Ok CDMA_PLUGIN_PATH looks ok for me. This raises another question: can
there be more than one location where the system should look for
plugins?
If yes, what is the syntax of the environment variable? The classical
way to do it would be

export CDMA_PLUGIN_PATH=path1:path2:path3

Is this already implemented in the C++ code?
I actually put everything together for testing. Someone else may have a
look at this issue with gcc-4.4 and has a brilliant idea of how to solve
it.

regards
Eugen
> --

signature.asc

spoirier

Dec 13, 2012, 7:52:10 AM12/13/12
to common-d...@googlegroups.com
No this is not yet implemented, in either Java & C++.
I don't know if we need more than one single location for plugins
However I agree with the syntax you propose.

I'm not sure I understood correctly what is the problem with gcc 4.4 regarding the plugins path, can you (re?)explain what happen with this version of the gnu compiler ?