S3 Access Denied via aws cli

Henri Egle Sorotos

Jan 5, 2023, 6:57:53 AM1/5/23
to Common Crawl
Hi,

I have signed in via the aws cli to ensure my requests are authenticated as per the documents. When I run the following I get an access denied:

```
$ aws s3 ls s3://commoncrawl/

An error occurred (AccessDenied) when calling the ListObjectsV2 operation: Access Denied
```

I have also checked this using a personal aws account and have replicated the issue. Is there an issue with the service at the moment?

TYIA.

Sebastian Nagel

Jan 5, 2023, 8:25:54 AM1/5/23
to common...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henri,

what happens if you add the argument --profile to the call?

aws --profile XYZ s3 ls s3://commoncrawl/

Make sure that the AWS user referenced by --profile is allowed
to list S3 buckets via IAM policies.

I'm not able to reproduce any issue and was successful to receive
a listing using two different AWS users/accounts.

Best,
Sebastian
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/common-crawl/15dd43b4-78b9-4c06-9949-1eacff12d5edn%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/common-crawl/15dd43b4-78b9-4c06-9949-1eacff12d5edn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Henri Egle Sorotos

Jan 5, 2023, 8:39:34 AM1/5/23
to Common Crawl
Thanks for the reply Sebastian.

It's a permissions issue at my end - what you said worked a treat. Thanks for your help.