Law Commission Consultation on the Arbitration Act

1 view

Commodity Arbitration Club

Oct 27, 2022, 11:04:55 AM10/27/22
to Commodity Arbitration Club

Dear Colleagues

I have received the following from The Law Commission.

On 29 November, the Law Commission of England and Wales will be holding an event, kindly hosted by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, to discuss our consultation paper on potential reform to the Arbitration Act. The consultation paper, and its summary, can be found on our project webpage.

The Law Commission will introduce the project, and summarise our headline proposals. This will be followed by comment from an independent panel of experts, and an open-floor discussion.

The event will be in-person and online, although in-person places are limited. Registration is free, and can be made via this link. We welcome and encourage all responses to our consultation paper, which can be made using this online form. The closing date for responses is 15 December.

 Event registration:

<https://www.ciarb.org/events/the-review-of-the-arbitration-act-1996-public-consultation-event-with-law-commission/>;

Project webpage:

<https://www.lawcom.gov.uk/project/review-of-the-arbitration-act-1996/>;