Commodity Arbitration Club Meeting Thursday 25 Febriary 1300 London Time

Commodity Arbitration Club

Feb 16, 2021, 9:28:54 AM2/16/21
to Commodity Arbitration Club

I am pleased to announce that our next virtual meeting will take place on:

Thursday 25 February at 1300 hours   ( GMT)

The discussion will last about 90 minutes.

Graham Perry will chair the meeting.

The topic will be a discussion following the Supreme Court decision in Halliburton v Chubb. There have been many commentaries from law firms and webinairs on this subject but we will be specifically looking at how it will affect Commodity Arbitration and Commodity Arbitrators.

The matter will be introduced by Christopher Smith QC (who appeared for Gafta, interveners in the case) and Charles Debattista who was a commodity arbitrator until a few years ago.

Attached by way of pre-reading is a note that 36 Stone prepared following the judgement together with an an article that appeared in Gafta world this month.

This meeting will be recorded and in due course, a note will be produced.

The meeting will be hosted by Charles’s chambers, 36 Stone so if you wish to attend please register by using the following link.

https://zoom.us/j/97597164882?pwd=YnBFdGtlOUJHeWVuSi81VFV3KzJSdz09

Meeting ID: 975 9716 4882

Passcode: 548984

Can you also advise me at: