Law Commission/Arbitration Act

1 view

Commodity Arbitration Club

Mar 15, 2023, 6:59:02 AM3/15/23
to Commodity Arbitration Club
Dear Colleagues

We have received the following from Mr Nathan Tamblyn at the Law Commission to update us to amendments to the Arbitration Act 1996:

"We write with an update on our project reviewing the Arbitration Act 1996.

We received many responses to our consultation paper, and we have read them all with interest. We are grateful to consultees for sharing their views with us. In light of those responses, we have decided that it would be profitable to publish a second consultation paper discussing the proper law of an arbitration agreement. We seek to publish this second consultation paper as soon as possible within the coming weeks. We will write again announcing its publication."

Kind regards

Philip Noyce

Hon. Sec.