Recovering Form after overwriting it using xForm

Paul

Mar 30, 2015, 5:15:23 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I wrote a form using the form builder, but then inadvertently overwrote it using xForm.
Is there any way to recover the original form or an earlier version of it?

Thanks,
Paul

Charles Flèche

Mar 30, 2015, 5:33:38 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paul,

On Monday 30 March 2015 02:15:22 Paul wrote:

> Is there any way to recover the original form or an earlier version of it?

In the "Deploy" section, you can press the "Revert" button to go back to a given version.

I wonder is there a way to access the different versions ? Developers, do you store every diff the way git does ?

Regards,

--

Charles Flèche

mHealth Advisor

Télécoms Sans Frontières http://www.tsfi.org

Première Urgence - Aide Médicale Internationale http://www.pu-ami.org

Paul

Mar 30, 2015, 5:57:17 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, mhealth...@tsfi.org
Hi Charles,
Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, this form had never been deployed.  Is there a way to revert the form itself to an earlier version?
Thanks again!
Paul

Charles Flèche

Mar 30, 2015, 5:58:53 AM3/30/15

On Monday 30 March 2015 02:57:17 Paul wrote:

> Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, this form had never been

> deployed. Is there a way to revert the form itself to an earlier version?

None comes to mind, unfortunately… Sorry.

Paul

Mar 30, 2015, 7:22:33 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, mhealth...@tsfi.org
Does anyone have a phone number for Commcare IT support?
I received some feedback that the survey may be archived on their server and could be restored.
Thanks!
Paul

Cory Zue

Mar 30, 2015, 7:50:46 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, Charles Flèche
Hey Paul,

The best way to get support is using the "report an issue" button. However, I can confirm that we are not able to recover the form if you never deployed the app.

Sorry about that.

Cory

Paul Andrew Cook

Mar 30, 2015, 8:06:16 AM3/30/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, Charles Flèche
Okay, that's unfortunate.  Seems like there should be a warning about using xForms once a form has already been written.
Thanks for the response.
Paul