opened_date query

Simon Berry

Dec 1, 2017, 5:01:56 PM12/1/17
to commcare-users
Hello

I have never investigated the opened_date property before.

But I am doing it now and find many cases with an opened_date of 2016-09-01 00:00:00. I have exported all our cases and this is also the oldest open_date in the exported dataset.

Why is this the oldest date and why are they so many cases with this same date?

We did set-up our system initially with an import of the data we had at the time (using the case import function) but that was in 2014 (not 2016). The default date range I'm given when doing a case export is: 2014-01-16 to <today's date>. Where is the system getting the date of 2014-01-16 from? I'd assumed it was the date the first case was opened.

Help!

Regards

Simon
1/12/17

Simon Berry

Dec 4, 2017, 5:44:27 AM12/4/17
to commcare-users
I'm keen to get a response to this!

As further evidence of the problem, I attach a screen shot of a part of the data. You will see that the 'system property' opened_date is set to 1/9/16 but other dates entered by the user are before this date eg the date the retailer (case) was marked as closed (closed_date). How can this happen if the users are entering the dates correctly which I am sure they are. Obviously a case cannot be closed before it is opened...

A prompt response would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Simon
4/12/17
Microsoft ExcelScreenSnapz079.pdf

Simon Kelly

Dec 4, 2017, 9:49:30 AM12/4/17
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon

We'd need to look at specific cases in order to determine what's going on.

Please could you create a support ticket with some example cases so that we can look into it further.

Thanks

Simon Kelly
Director of Server Engineer | Dimagi