wifi direct issues

velaphi masoha

Mar 4, 2014, 12:19:16 AM3/4/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
 I am trying the wi-fi direct in the fields. We are using a combination of s3, s2 and tablet 7 inch as the host.
I am  facing 2 issue;
  • When the field workers login into the app, and try to access wi-fi direct from the main menu in the app they get the message  " Unfortunately Commcare has stopped working".
  • Some other S3 mini phones when you tap on the main menu were you access settings wi-fi direct direct is not there as an option. I am 100% that wi-fi and wi-fi direct is on.

My other question only 5 devices can connect to the host computer? Do these devices need SD cards for wi-fi direct to work? I mean sending and receiving forms?

velaphi masoha

Mar 4, 2014, 3:33:51 AM3/4/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I think i have figured the problem. We upgraded commcare to 2.11 at it stopped crushing.

Clayton Sims

Mar 4, 2014, 9:49:02 AM3/4/14
to commcare-users
Hi,

Glad to hear that you were able to get things working.

Sorry that you weren't able to see Wi-Fi direct on some of the phones. Did updating to 2.11 correct the issue there as well, or is that still a problem on the S3 minis?

-Clayton

velaphi masoha

Mar 4, 2014, 9:53:57 AM3/4/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com, Rosa Akbari

Updating commcare to 2.11 helped. But I can only connect 5 devices at time to the host.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "commcare-users" group.

William Pride

Mar 4, 2014, 9:58:15 AM3/4/14
to commcar...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Unfortunately this is likely the maximum number of devices this technology can support at the moment. Hopefully this will improve with the hardware and OS in the future.

Best,
Will