Discrepancy: Cases appear in form download but not in case search

Sarah Mollenkopf

Nov 9, 2015, 7:37:28 AM11/9/15
to commcare-users
I am having a problem where the cases that show up when I download a form do not show up when I try to search cases online. I just updated the form and re-downloaded it so I know that there is no way I somehow deleted those cases myself (not did anybody else because I am the sole web sure).

I have tried searching by case name, case id and mobile user but none of them work to make the cases show up online so that I can reassign them/delete them.

Any ideas whats wrong?

Cory Zue

Nov 9, 2015, 8:56:11 AM11/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah,

The first thing I would try is the "All data" filter on the case list.

You can also use the search URL to navigate directly to a case by ID. https://www.commcarehq.org/search/?q=1234 (where 1234 is your case ID)

Cory

Sarah Mollenkopf

Nov 9, 2015, 1:12:04 PM11/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cory,

I tried both of those things and I still can't find them. I just got an error message when I tried to search them directly through the web address (via attached a screen shot). Of the 389 cases that get downloaded when I download the form, I suspect about 200 of them have this issue. I haven't tried them all yet but I can identify them by the date they were completed.

Also maybe unrelated but I can't make the name search function work. I type "name:" followed by the person's name with or without quotes around it and nothing seems to work. I tested it with names I know are there for sure so I know its not a refelction of the data that is there.

Preventative Health Educator
US Peace Corps Senegal
MPH Epidemiology Candidate
Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
Master's International Program

Sheel Shah

Nov 9, 2015, 3:19:58 PM11/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah,

Can you report an issue with the cases you can't find (Case IDs).  Have you archived forms or deleted any users in this project?

Thanks,
Sheel
Sheel Shah
Project Manager | Dimagi
m: +1.781.428.5419 | skype: sheel_shah

Sarah Mollenkopf

Nov 9, 2015, 4:44:30 PM11/9/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
I have deleted users. I was under the impression though that the only way to completely delete a case was to transfer it to a user and then delete the user. Is that not right? I tried to go back and find that in the tutorial or an old email but I couldn't and I can't quite remember who told me to do that.

Thanks,
Sarah

Sheel Shah

Nov 10, 2015, 1:39:58 PM11/10/15
to commcar...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sarah,

I think that you still have some forms that now point to those deleted cases - our support team should be able to look at the project and see if that's the issue.

Thanks,
Sheel